- Research recent sales to determine what properties are realistically selling for. It’s no good just checking out the prices properties are listed at because they can sell for much less. Make a list. Write down all your “must have” and “desirable” property requirements.
Finding your dream home
- Determine your buying limit . Visit your lender for pre-approved finance to determine your budget. Need to take into account stamp duty, bank fees and other costs.
- Register your buying requirements with agents in your local area and on all relevant real estate websites. Communicate regularly with local agents so they inform you of new listings as soon as they become available.
- Inspect potential properties. After inspecting properties, you might like to fine tune your properties requirements and be a little more flexible on the must have & desirable attributes on your list.
Making an offer
- Building & pest inspections. A professional building and pest inspection will make you aware of any unforeseen or hidden surprises.
- Actual value. When making an offer, do so based on what you believe to be the actual value of the home rather than the advertised asking price.
- Put it in writing. Verbal agreements are hard to enforce. Put everything in writing.
Find a solicitor
- Your solicitor will check over the contract for sale and explain your rights & obligations.
- There are a lot of things to consider when buying. The calculators tools may assist you to work out your finance needs and should only be used as a guide. You should seek professional advice. Click on the word “calculators” below.
For more buying tips, contact us on (02) 9876 3222.